Award recipient helped develop 1st edition of the Jet Grouting Guidelines.
from National Driller http://ift.tt/2fP7DuO
The Terracon Foundation has helped fund the education of nearly 70 students in the last four years.
from National Driller http://ift.tt/2vMt1od
Caring Plumbers and Dog Rescue Unite to Save Many Pets Lives 🙂
Speaking of dogs, some of my fellow plumbing contractors have stepped up and now formed an animal rescue shelter in Urbana, Ohio. ARS Rescue Rooter of Columbus should be commended for the work they have done and continue to do with saving smaller breeds from a terrible life or worse.
SASS Rescue (Save a Shelter Shih Tzu Rescue), located in Urbana, OH, saves Shih Tzus and other small breed dogs from dangerous life threatening situations, such as high kill shelters and owner surrenders, all across the country. Started by Becki Brown and her husband, the shelter cares for these dogs and finds foster families until a suitable permanent home can be found. The shelter runs strictly on adoption donations and the generosity of its supporters.
My love for canines combined with plumbing and heating, have seemed to seamlessly come together in a big way. You can read the entire article on SASS and the humanitarian based plumbing company that started all everything at this blog post. Thanks for reading this post and being a fellow dog/animal lover.
Walking passed the bathroom and getting hit in the face with an unpleasant smell has got to be the worst experience ever! Whether this stench is man-made or a result of poor maintenance, this odor should not exist. Luckily, there are a handful of things you can do to remove these awful aromas from your home.
Remove Foul Odors
- Bathroom Ventilation – Almost every bathroom should have a small exhaust fan installed to help ventilate. By using this fan, you will be able to remove foul odors from the bathroom as well as moisture. Excess moisture from hot showers can cause smelly mold and mildew to begin growing.
- Air Fresheners – While air fresheners don’t remove odors, they do a fine job of masking them. Rather than heading to the store to purchase a chemical spray, opt for a homemade variety. Mix two cups of water, a tablespoon of white vinegar, a teaspoon of baking soda, and 10 to 20 drops of whichever essential oil flavor tickles your fancy!
- Desiccants – In order to absorb moisture in your bathroom, consider using desiccants. These dry materials come in the form of silica gels — or go the stylistic route and include plants in your bathroom (natural desiccants). Plants like ferns and lily plants do a phenomenal job of removing foul odors from bathrooms.
Clean the Bathroom
- Cleaning Materials – Make a paste using baking soda and lemon juice and apply it to any fixture you would like to clean. Let it sit for 10 minutes, then spray the surface with some white vinegar. Allow the paste to bubble and then wipe it clean.
- Clean the Toilet Tank – Failing to clean your toilet tank regularly can cause it to stink like urine. Open up the tank, pour in some white vinegar, and get to scrubbing! Once finished, flush the toilet and repeat the process another time or two.
- Keep An Eye Out for Mold – Seeing black specks on the ceiling or green debris around pipes and fixtures is an obvious sign of mold. Some not so obvious signs: itchy eyes, runny nose, wheezing, rashes, etc. Not only can mold be unsightly to see and smell, but it can also negatively impact your health.
What to Do Next?
- Re-caulk tiles, bathtub, and shower
- Close the lid before flushing and keep it closed
- Regularly empty out the trash bin (yes, every bathroom should have one)
- Wash bathroom towels, mats, rags, curtains, etc. as they can cling onto foul odors
- Contact your local plumber to fix any leaks
Foul odors and bathrooms oftentimes go hand-in-hand, but they don’t have to and you can put a stop to this smelly trend! When your bathroom needs plumbing repair or new pipes/ fixtures due to mold, contact Len The Plumber. If you’re looking for a reliable plumber, check to see if you live in one of our many service areas!